What Is the Best Medicare Advantage 2019 Insurance Plan?
With the coming 2019, many seniors are having a hard time understanding the many coverage plans available from insurance providers. So, let’s try to understand how the system works. The original Medicare given to 65 year old seniors comprises Plan A and Plan B only. It means that only 80% of your medical bill is going to be shouldered by Medicare. The excess must come from your own pocket. With that most seniors have the difficulty of paying these excess. This is where the advantage plan comes into the picture. It is there to provide for the payment of the excess amount not covered by the original Medicare. Meaning a senior does not have to pay for the excess, the insurance will. That is just one of the many features offered for the Medicare Advantage 2019 Plan F.
What is a Medicare Advantage Plan F?
The Medicare Advantage Plan F has the following coverage for seniors in need of medical treatments:
- The Medicare Original Plan Part A which is the Hospital deductible:
- Having a Medicare Advantage Plan F ensures payment of a 100% of Part A deductible from the coverage which is $1,340 per 60 day confinement
- Excess Stay over the 60 day period $335 per day for coinsurance.
- Extra Stay in the Hospital for more than 90 days, you need to pay coinsurance of $670 per day.
- Skilled nurse attendance from the 2st day and over cost $167.50 per day
- Original Medicare Plan B deductible amounts to $183
- The Doctor Fees.Original Medicare only pays 80% meaning you will shoulder the 20% of the fee.
- Blood: Original Medicare will not shoulder blood but with a Medicare Advantage 2019, you will be given 3 pints of blood.
- Foreign Travel: This is not covered by the original Medicare but if you have Plan F, then you can get as much as $50,000 for foreign medical costs.
Based on the above information, you can rightly say that Medicare Advantage Plan F is the ideal supplemental coverage a senior should consider. However, in case plan F premium seem to be just beyond your means, there are alternative plans that you can get like Plan G and Plan N.